Meet the newest member of our staff, Olivia Blakeman! Olivia joins Inheritance of Hope as the Programming and Development Coordinator for Legacy Retreats®. Her personal experience, passion to serve families, and friendly personality make her a great addition to our staff!
Get to know Olivia! Here are 10 things to know about her:
- What state do you live in? Florida
- What’s your connection to IoH? I was introduced to Inheritance of Hope at a fundraising event and after losing my Mom to colon cancer when I was relatively young, I am extremely grateful to have now found a community of people who can relate to and share hope in the journey of emotions and grief that comes with losing a parent.
- Favorite food? Sushi, but I’m a sucker for all sweets, especially any sour gummy candy.
- Hobbies? Most of my free time is spent working out (CrossFit is my workout of choice!) or coaching and officiating girl’s lacrosse. Other than that, I’m a self-proclaimed coffee shop connoisseur and an avid dog park attendee.
- Favorite book or tv show? My favorite show of all time is White Collar and Suits is a close second, but I mostly just watch sports. As for books, I go through about a book a week, in a wide range of genres, so it’s hard to pick a favorite!
- My favorite place to be is… the beach!
- Favorite genre of music or favorite band/musician? Currently Noah Kahan is my favorite artist. Needtobreathe is also in my typical rotation along with any and all country music.
- Favorite sport and/or sports team? For professional sports, I probably follow the NFL most closely and I am a Baltimore Ravens fan. As for everything else, I love almost all college sports, but I am definitely partial to all things lacrosse.
- What do you look forward to in your new role? There is so much to look forward to when you are a part of Inheritance of Hope, but I am most excited about getting to experience first hand some of the positive impacts that we have through Legacy Retreats.
- Anything else you’d like to add? How lucky am I to be part of such a special family of people who are truly making an impact and sharing Christ’s love in a meaningful way?!