Ten years is a long time. Yet here we are. When we first lose a loved one, it is almost impossible to imagine what a decade without them would look like. In 2012, knowing she had just a short time to live, Kristen Milligan herself probably could not imagine what the IoH family would look like in 2022. We do know that she fervently hoped for IoH to extend its ministry and continue to serve families just like hers. Read her “Letter to be Read at My Memorial Service” >>
As we remember Kristen, we honor her vision, which continues to shape IoH and provides support for everyone who wishes, just like Kristen did, to create their best legacy. As we look back, we celebrate things that even Kristen might not have dared to dream. And, to think, it all started with just one family.
- IoH has hosted retreats not only in Orlando and New York, but also in San Diego, Colorado, Nashville, and the Biltmore Estate in NC.
- IoH was recognized at the Grand Ole Opry during a Carrie Underwood concert.
- Families have enjoyed the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade from special VIP seats AND front row seats to the Saks Fifth Avenue light show! Read “IoH Miracle on 34th street” >>
- HopeHub™ is the newest offering from IoH, reaching families in-person through monthly meetings.
- Online offerings include weekly Hope@Home™ Groups, Hope@Home™ Weekends, and our Annual Vision Event.
- A “Just Show Up” book club recently started online through IoH and participants are currently reading Kristen’s book, “Consider it Pure Joy.”
Kristen Grady Milligan, March 18, 1973-October 26, 2012