We went over to some friend’s home the other night for dinner. My husband and I both agreed that the meal was awesome so I requested the recipe from my friend.
Well, I don’t know what this says about me as a person but, I did not just make the meal for my family and then file the recipe away. No!!!! I made the meal for my family, gushed about how yummy it was to anyone who would listen and then emailed the recipe to all my buddies near and far.
As I went to the grocery store to restock on the pantry items that I would need to have on hand when I make this meal again, I talked to the lady in line behind me about the meal and she left the line to go buy the ingredients. The checkout lady overheard our conversation and inquired about the meal so I shared the recipe with her too. When I think about it, it is really funny!
Once I find something that is special I feel this overwhelming urge to tell everyone about it. I don’t want people to miss out on good things! It’s just how I am wired. I guess I am a marketing managers dream. If word of mouth is the best form of advertisement then my mouth is making them big bucks.
I realize that my mom has this tendency as well and my son seems to be catching on to the spirit. We really don’t want people to miss out on a good thing…whether a recipe, a restaurant, a big sale, a good vacation spot, a service or organization...
So in that spirit let me share a few recent things you don’t want to miss:
1) The Marine Corps Marathon- This huge 26.2 mile trek through the heart of our nation’s capital is the place to be on October 30th. All the cool people will be there! ;-) By registering with Team IOH you can not only participate in this awesome event but you can also raise the money necessary for a family to attend one of out Legacy Retreats. There is a greater purpose than 26.2 miles!!! It is HUGE!! I’ll be writing a whole blog about this one soon!!!
2) Have you heard this song. It has a fun beat and a sweet message. Put it on your ipod and rock out while you train for the marathon. ;-)
3) If you are ever in St. Augustine, Florida you can eat the best fried seafood you have ever had in your life at Osteen’s Restaurant. It is mouth-watering, super scrumptious, out of this world food!!!! It’s worth a drive from anywhere. ;-)
4) Try this recipe (super easy and mentioned above)
Angel Chicken Pasta
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
¼ cup butter
1 (.7 oz) package dry Italian style salad dressing mix
½ cup white wine
1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 (4 oz) package cream cheese with chives
1 pound angel hair pasta
Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Stir in the package of dressing mix. Add wine and mushroom soup. Mix in cream cheese and stir until smooth. Heat thoroughly but do not bring to a boil. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 dish. Pour sauce over the chicken. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
5) Did you know on your iPhone when you use the "map" application, you can click on the lower right button and choose "show traffic" from the menu to see accurate up-to-date traffic on all major highways. It's amazing! Green for smooth sailing, yellow for slow, and red for bumper-to-bumper. Check it out!
Well, those are my most recent tell-everyone-you-know tid bits. I'm quite sure there will be more and you will be reading about them. But for now go sign up for a marathon, get yourself a good song to train with, make some yummy pasta, take a trip to St. Augustine when your route is all green on your iPhone map! ;-)
By the way, when you're telling all your friends about great things, don't forget to mention Inheritance of Hope and send them to our website www.inheritanceofhope.org!