"Every Family Deserves a Legacy"®
The Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship is awarded to a college-bound high school senior who is living with a terminally ill parent and who demonstrates a compelling personal and financial need, a strong sense of family, and collegiate promise. The award amount is a one-time payment of $1,000. All three parts of the application must be received by May 31, 2015; the full submission can be done online for your convenience. Click here to read our terms and conditions.
1. VIDEO SUBMISSION (Click here to watch videos of past Legacy Scholarship finalists and winners.)
Record a video (with a digital camera, phone camera, webcam, etc.) of yourself answering the following questions:
1) How have you and your family been impacted by your parent's illness?2) What does this parent mean to you and how has s/he made you who you are today?3) Why do you need an Inheritance of Hope Legacy Scholarship?
This video must adhere to the following criteria:
1) maximum length of 5 minutes2) maximum file size of 300 MB
To submit your video electronically (no cost!), follow these instructions:
1) Click this link to go to mailbigfile.com.2) In the field labeled "Send File To:" type email@example.com .3) In the "Attach a File" field, click the "Browse" button and select your video.4) Finally, just click the "Send File" button and make sure that the window stays open until the video is 100% sent.
2. DOCTOR'S NOTE
We must receive a letter from a doctor verifiying that your parent has been diagnosed with a terminal or life-threatening illness. The letter must be on the doctor's letterhead and include the following:
1) Full name of the ill parent2) Date3) Diagnosis4) That the condition is terminal or life-threatening5) The doctor's name both printed and signed
This letter can be scanned and then emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . If the doctor's phone number is not visible on the letter, please include that number in the body of the email.
Click here to read our terms and conditions.